I’m exhausted. Five days in Las Vegas and the red-eye back can really take a lot out of a girl.
Vegas was incredible. The sights, the sounds, and the foods were all amazing. I’ve got quite a list of things I want to reproduce!
But for now I’m looking for quick and easy but delicious. I may have over indulged a little while there, so a salad is just the thing. The tough part about coming back from traveling is having no idea what will be in the fridge. I picked up some fruits and veggies this morning, and had some calamari in the freezer so I decided to throw together a roasted calamari salad.
This salad is very easy to make. Marinate the calamari for 30 minutes, throw the other ingredients together, roast the squid for 45 seconds. Then eat!
Roasted Calamari Salad
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- nectarine wedges
- feta cheese
- Make vinaigrette. Mix red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add calamari to vinaigrette and marinate for 30 minutes.
- While calamari is marinating, preheat oven to 450 degrees, and heat a skillet in oven till very hot.
- Once heated, use skillet to roast calamari for 45 seconds. Any more than that and the squid will be rubbery (trust me).
- Toss calamari with spinach, nectarine wedges and crumbled feta.