I have so much to be thankful for.
I was born in a time and place that allows me opportunities other women can only dream of. While giving me everything they can, my parents raised me to be independent and to believe that I am capable. I went to public schools yet still had teachers that taught me not just to recite facts and count figures, but to think critically.I live in a city with crumbling infrastructure and systemic corruption, but it’s citizens are vibrant and creative, and they are quick to speak out against intolerance.
My life is far from perfect, but I am grateful for every minute of it.
Carrot and Ginger Soup
Yields 4-6 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 lb white potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 L chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 L water
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot on medium high heat, heat oil. Add onions. Cook stirring often until softened. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the carrots and potatoes, followed by the stock and water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then lower the temperature and simmer for 45 minutes. Once cooked use and immersion blender or food processor to puree until smooth.
3 thoughts on “Carrot and Ginger Soup”
Beautiful photo, and beautiful writing. Thanks for this lovely post — happy Thanksgiving :)
Lovely post and sentiment. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy new year!
Thank you for shaaring