I have an addiction. Every morning when I get to work, I must have my fix. This addiction is damaging my waistline and putting a dent in my wallet. It started when a Starbucks opened in my office building. No, it’s not coffee; it’s the muffins. I don’t know what the Starbucks people are putting in these things to make them so yummy.
It has to stop. There must be like 500 calories in one of those things. Quitting cold turkey isn’t going to work for me though, so I’m going to start bringing my own my muffins to work.
Here’s the first batch, whole wheat plum and apricot muffins.
Whole Wheat Apricot and Plum Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 6 apricots, halved or six small plums halved.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs together, then add butter, milk and extract to the eggs.
- Create a hole in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the wet ingredients in and then stir until well combined.
- Divide the batter into a lined 12 muffin tin. Top with apricot or plums.
- Bake at 400 for 25 to 30 minutes.